About the Program
"UNIVERSITY - PRIVATE SECTOR" COOPERATION PROGRAM
The program is designed by the Ministry of High-Tech Industry based on the study of the market, the programs of educational institutions, as well as on the determination of the fields, that are currently in high demand and expected to develop in the future. The following issues have been identified:
- In the fast-growing high-tech labour market, there is a demand for many beginner and intermediate specialists, at the same time, demand for constantly growing vacancies of sector organizations and qualified specialists.
- As a result of the pandemic, many industries are making a sharp transition to the world of digitalization, because of this many employees lose their jobs due to a lack of relevant knowledge or lack of tools.
The Objective of the Program
The main goal of the University-Private Sector cooperation is to support the establishment of a knowledge-based progressive society within a developed and world-renowned high-tech sector in the Republic of Armenia. To solve the problem, this program intends to:
- study the needs of training specialists in the field of technology, develop appropriate training programs for specialists, implement targeted training through professional courses, and support them as interns in the process of entering the high-tech labour market.
- promote the private sector-university cooperation; contribute to the establishment of high-tech and information society, as well as promote the formation of the leading position of Armenia, as a knowledge-based economy, both in the region and the world.
- the appropriate amount of educated specialists in Yerevan, regions and the Republic of Artsakh will contribute to the creation and development of new technological centres/laboratories, as well as the provision of the effective activity of the already existing centres by engaging sufficient technological and industrial opportunities.
- decentralize the concentration of IT-trained specialists in the capital, promoting the reduction of socioeconomic disparities between Yerevan and the regions.
To achieve its objectives, the Program is designed for implementing online courses for about 4,500 beginners and intermediate level specialists throughout the Republic of Armenia and the Republic of Artsakh as well as allowing 200 re-specialized, preliminary knowledge-skilled specialists to take on a practical internship as a result of which to find a job in a technological field, promoting and supporting the companies to apply beginner specialists.
Program Components are:
1. Implementation of the Basics of Programming
During the courses, the participants will gain fundamental knowledge of the basics of programming in several directions. The program will be a great opportunity for further education and trying to work as a beginner in the high-tech industry. At the end of the course, the participants will master the basics of programming, will develop logical skills and will be able to take their first steps in the field of programming.
2. The implementation of targeted online learning
The program is designed for implementing intermediate level online courses for specialists with basic knowledge as a result of which the participants will get an opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills which will stimulate their entry to high-tech labour industry as well as providing the continuation of training to the graduate students of 2020 University – private sector cooperation programs.
The program is open for the citizens of the Republic of Armenia living in the RA regions and the Republic of Artsakh (starting from 18 years old from Yerevan and 16 years old from regions and the Republic of Artsakh) who will successfully undergo the admission procedure and will meet the objectives of the program․
The target groups of the program are:
- participants in the Artsakh wars (all the courses will be free for all the participants who have passed the admission procedure)
- participants from the sectors, most affected by the COVID 19 pandemic (tourism, service sector companies etc.)
- specialists working in the high-tech sector
- anybody, who wants to receive basic and narrowly specialized technical education in the high-tech sector
The courses are co-financed, which means that The Government will cover a part of the fee based on the average score of the participant's admission and final exams.
3. «Internship in Practice» pilot project
The main goal of the project is to overcome the crisis caused by the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic by providing the high-tech organizations to recruit additional staff, as well as guiding the beginners who have basic IT knowledge and skills to get hands-on experience.
Within the program for about 100 interns will get an internship opportunity in the leading technological organizations and in the end of the program 50 of them will get a job.
Interns will have an opportunity to apply their knowledge in practice, get involved and work in organizations, gain professional knowledge and skills.
The State within the framework of this Program provides each intern with an amount of the minimum monthly salary of the Republic of Armenia, including taxes defined by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia.
At the end of the internship, the organizations will provide at least 50% of the interns with at least a year employment contract with a salary of at least 150,000 AMD (including taxes defined by the RA legislation).
The program is open for 18 years old citizens of the Republic of Armenia living in Armenian regions and the Republic of Artsakh who will successfully undergo the admission procedure and will meet the objectives of the program.
One of the following criteria qualify for the grant program:
- IT beginners with basic IT knowledge and skills
- The graduates of the 2020 «University - Private Sector Cooperation» program of the Ministry of the High-Tech Industry
The total internship period is set at 6 months.