Within the framework of the grant program announced by the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia, SkillRocks is implementing Intermediate level courses on Product Management co-financed by the Government.
Skillrocks is implementing a co-financed Intermediate level “Product Management” specialist preparation study course for 200 participants, which will enable to:
- Discover the differences of the role of a Product Manager,
- Work effectively with Product and the PM team,
- Develop skills to navigate difficult situations and effectively facilitate difficult discussions,
- Identify, research, and validate product ideas. chances of its success,
- Identify and analyze the competitors and competing products, their features,
- Discover the Product Lifecycle and how it works, the role of Product Manager involvement in it,
- Address the client/stakeholder’s issues and design solutions,
- Create a product and feature roadmap, specs for epics, and user stories, discover the acceptance criteria and how to apply them,
- Create a product backlog and properly prioritize user stories, build estimations for product delivery properly,
- Discover the differences between Agile and Waterfall Development,
- Discover the differences between the Agile frames Scrum and Kanban, the differences for Product Management,
- Discover the differences between a wireframe, a mockup, and a prototype.
What you should know
Skillrocks is an edutainment platform specialized in the sphere of organizing corporate and professional courses:
The company recruits specialists from around the globe and adjusts its courses to the needs and issues of a given company.
Since 2018 the company has been developing educational products by involving local professionals and helping them develop their branding and various highly demanded courses.
Skillrocks has conducted more than 100 public and corporate courses with over 2,500 participants.
Skillrocks allows gaining and advancing professional skills in the following spheres:
- Human resource management
- Team management
- Time management
- Project management
- Product management
- Digital marketing
- Event marketing
- Professional orientation
- Customer service
The program is open for the citizens of the Republic of Armenia living in the RA regions and the Republic of Artsakh (starting from 18 years old from Yerevan and 16 years old from regions and the Republic of Artsakh) who will successfully undergo the admission procedure and will meet the objectives of the program․
The target groups of the program are:
- participants in the Artsakh wars (all the courses will be free for all the participants who have passed the admission procedure)
- participants from the sectors, most affected by the COVID 19 pandemic (tourism, service sector companies etc.)
- specialists working in the high-tech sector
- anybody, who wants to receive basic and narrowly specialized technical education in the high-tech sector
To participate in the “Product Management Intermediate” course applicants shall have the following level of knowledge and skills:
- Basic knowledge of English (especially technical English)
- Basic knowledge of IT basic concepts
- Analytical thinking
- Interest in research, working with data, analysis
- Communication skills
Before the start of the course, the applicants will pass an online test and have a written interview for knowledge assessment.
The online admission test consists of 15 questions (questions on Armenian and English languages, product, project management, familiarity with IT sphere, and logical questions). The preference will be given to the applicants with an over 60% score.
Please note that due to the limited number of participants, competition may arise, as a result of which preference will be given to applicants who have scored the highest points in the admission process.
The courses are co-financed. The government will finance a part of the total fee, which will depend on the average score of admission and graduation exams. (find the scale below)
Tuition fee – 99.000 AMD
After the selection, the participant pays a portion of the total cost, which will depend on the results of the admission testing (find the scale below).
If the average score of admission and graduation exams is in the scope of the participant's admission exam score (find the scale below), the participant will not pay any extra payment, and if the average score of admission and graduation exams differs from the result of the entrance exam, the course fee will be recalculated.
1. If you gain a score of 76% and over from the entrance exam of the Product Management Intermediate course and at the end of the course the average score of admission and graduation exams is 51-75%, then:
-If you are from Yerevan, 50% (49,500 AMD) of the course fee will be paid by the Government, and you will pay 50% (49,500 AMD) of the course fee, and as a result of the recalculation, you will pay an extra 20% (19,800 AMD) of the course fee.
-If you are from the region or the Republic of Artsakh, 60% (59,400 AMD) of the course fee will be paid by the Government, and you will pay 40% (39,600 AMD) of the course fee, and as a result of the recalculation, you will pay an extra 20% (19,800 AMD) of the course fee.
2. If you gain a score in the scope of 51-75% from the entrance exam of the Product Management Intermediate course and at the end of the course the average score of admission and graduation exams is 76% and over, then:
-If you are from Yerevan, 70% (69,300 AMD) of the course fee will be paid by the Government, and you will pay 30%-ը (29,700 AMD) of the course fee, and as a result of the recalculation, "Skillrocks" will refund you 20% (19,800 AMD) of the course fee.
-If you are from the region or the Republic of Artsakh, 80% (79,200 AMD) of the course fee will be paid by the Government, and you will pay 20% (19,800 AMD) of the course fee, and as a result of the recalculation, "Skillrocks" will refund you 20% (19,800 AMD) of the course fee.
“Product Management Intermediate” course classes will be held twice a week (10 classes overall, each 2 hours long). The group will consist of up to 25 students.
The course is divided into theoretical and practical parts.
- The theoretical part will be 50% of the total course.
The theoretical part of the course consists of materials on product management ideas and functions.
The presented material is compiled as a result of evaluation, analysis, and theorization of international experience, applying the best practices and modern approaches in IT. The theoretical part is designed to provide knowledge for the implementation of practical assignments, further application in practice, to improve overall professional development.
- The practical part will be 50% of the total course.
The practical part of the course consists of discussion, analysis, case studies of the most successful products and organizations, practical exercises as part of the Product Manager's daily work (the program includes exercises և assignments for each stage of work), as well as interactive discussions, Q&A-s, graduation test, portfolio presentation.
In addition to the main course program, course presentations, additional materials, and tasks, the participants will get acquainted with the leading professionals in respective spheres, who will make appearances as guest speakers to share their experience, knowledge, and professional advice.
The classes will be online, via Zoom paid subscription. In cases of technical issues specifically with Zoom, the classes will be held via Cisco Web Meetings, which has a tool structure practically similar to Zoom. Both systems are available for all kinds of devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets, so participants can download free and install in minutes and join the classes.
TESTPORTAL system will be used to review and assess students’ final test automatically.
The participant will be withdrawn from the course
In case of 2 and more missed classes and/or fail to complete at least 40% of the total number of tasks.
Course participants will learn about the following topics in detail:
- Product Management and Product Development: main concepts.
- Product Lifecycle concept, related functions, and processes,
- Software development (SD) environments and Product Manager’s involvement at each of the stages during the development,
- Specs, epics, stories, and acceptance criteria,
- Collection of product characteristics, grouping, and evaluation priority. Working with the product backlog,
- Creating a Product Roadmap,
- Testing the solutions with real users,
- Product Management Metrics, setting KPIs and measuring success,
- Differences between wireframe, mockup and prototypе concepts, how to work with them,
- Working with stakeholders (clients, managers),
You can find more details on the syllabus here
At the end of the course, an online final test will be conducted and the final portfolio file will be presented to assess the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of participants. Only the test results of over 50% will be considered successful.
At the end of the course, participants will be provided:
- Certificate of excellence (in case of 85% or more of the total score)
- Certificate of completion (in case of 50% - 85% of the total score)
- Participation reference (in case of less than 50% of the total score)
To assess your knowledge, you can take a trial test, through which you can review the types and complexity of the task.
Take aTo take the Example Test, please, follow the link
* Please be informed that the trial test is for knowledge assessment, and to apply for the course you need to register with the following link
The Amount of money that government will pay for the training
The courses are co-financed. The Government will cover part of the fee, which will depend on the results of admission and final exams․
*All the courses will be free for all the participants in the Artsakh wars who have passed the admission procedure. The tuition fee paid by the participants will be reimbursed by the winning organization.
number of participants
Fill out the application form
Pass an online test
After finalizing test results we will contact you
Fri-Mon || 10:00 - 18:00
Instructor - Software Product Management