Within the framework of the grant program announced by the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia, NPUA is implementing the intermediate level course on Python programming language co-financed by the Government.
The National Polytechnic University of Armenia (NPUA) is implementing an intermediate level training course on Python Programming Languages for 200 participants, which will give a chance to:
- learn object-oriented programming in Python language, work with data bases and learn data analysis
- study the principles and features of object-oriented programming, the means of realizing them in Python language in order to model the data base of the subject domain, the principles of compiling UML diagrams and the principles of programs development on the base of UML diagrams
- get acquainted with NumPy arrays development library, JSON և XML data processing tools, principles of working with APIs, basics of creating databases, principles of working with MySQL relational և MongoDb NoSQL database systems
- get acquainted with search and sorting algorithms, data structure collections and collections.abc library modules, as well as the meaning and usage of Pandas and Matplotlib libraries
- during the practical works apply project learning methods, implement team-projects, which are tested and discussed with tools near to real working context (planning of tasks, Sprint Backloh, Trello platform, Slack, Git)
- Include development of applications interacting with real API-s, modeling of data base of subject domain, object-oriented code, development of data base, data analysis
What you should know
For many years, NPUA has been successfully carrying out the mission of training specialists in the field of high technology (IT), being a forge providing specialists to IT companies. The vast majority of the powerful army of more than 1800 graduates of NPUA annually comes to meet the growing demand of the High Tech labor market. This is evidenced by the fact that the graduates of the Polytechnic make up the majority of employees of High Tech organizations, which is facilitated by the largest experience of mutually beneficial cooperation of NPUA with those organizations in Armenia.
"Python" programming language course along with machine learning and artificial intelligence sections is also included in the list of NPUA lecturers' training courses. The specialists of NPUA have developed a unique course for the application of Python language, which includes the relevant sections of higher mathematics and Python programming language.
The program is open for the citizens of the Republic of Armenia living in the RA regions and the Republic of Artsakh (starting from 18 years old from Yerevan and 16 years old from regions and the Republic of Artsakh) who will successfully undergo the admission procedure and will meet the objectives of the program․
The target groups of the program are:
- participants in the Artsakh wars (all the courses will be free for all the participants who have passed the admission procedure)
- participants from the sectors, most affected by the COVID 19 pandemic (tourism, service sector companies etc.)
- specialists working in the high-tech sector
- anybody, who wants to receive basic and narrowly specialized technical education in the high-tech sector
For participation in the courses the applicant should possess the following knowledge:
- The peculiarities and application areas of Python language
- The basic operators of Python language
- Tasks solutions with branching and looping algorithms
- The conditional, loop operators of Python language and peculiarities of their application
- The means of implementation of data structures in Python language (lists, sets, tuples, etc.)
- The function as program unit in Python language, the types and peculiarities of functional programming
- The meaning of modules and packages and peculiarities of their development
- The means of interaction with file system in Python language
- The meaning of regular expressions and their implementation in Python language
- The meaning of exceptions and means of their implementation
Prior to the start of the training evaluation of applicants knowledge will be implemented by online test
The online test of acceptance will include 18 questions. The preference will be given to the participants who’ve gained more than 60% points.
The courses are co-financed. The Government will cover part of the fee, which will depend on the results of admission and final exams. (see the table below).
Tuition Fee – 158, 000 AMD
A 4 month intermediate level course on Python programming language will be implemented 3 times a week (totally 54 lessons – each 2 hours long). The group will be consisted of 25 students in average.
The course will consist of theoretical and practical parts:
- the theoretical part will make 67% of the course
- the practical part will make 33% of the course
The training courses will be implemented online through licensed Microsoft Teams system.
To check the final exam The iUniversity platform developed at NPUA will be used, which allows to automatically check and evaluate the solved problems. The licensed Microsoft Teams system can be used as an additional tool.
We inform that the applicant will be removed in case of the following conditions:
- If he/she will absent from 1/3 of implemented lessons
- In the case of negative evaluation from midterm testing (right answer to less than 30% of questions)
- In the case of submitting a corresponding application
The participants of the training course will get the opportunity to learn in details:
- object-oriented programming methodology
- polymorphism and abstraction
- array processing methods - NumPy library
- JSON և XML data processing
- search and sorting algorithms
- Implementing data structures in Python
- Python and MySQL relational Database
- Python and MongoDb NoSQL Database
- SciKit Learn machine learning library
- Python data reading, analysis, visualization
You can find the curriculum in more detail by the following link
At the end of the courses an online exam/test will be conducted in the result of which the theoretical knowledge as well as practical knowledge gained by the students will be checked. The test will be considered positive if 50% or more points will be gained.
At the end of the course the participants will get:
- certificate with excellence (if the resulting grade will be 85% or more)
- graduation certificate (if the resulting grade will be 50-84% or more)
- participation certificate (if the resulting grade will be 49% or less)
The CV-s of the students who will gain 80% or more points in the result of final exams will be submitted to partner enterprises for possible vacancies.
To test your knowledge you can take the example test, through which you can get acquainted with types and complexity of the problems.
To take the Example Test, please, follow the link.
*Please, be informed that the Example Test is ONLY for you to check your knowledge. To apply for the course, please, fill in the Registration Form by following the link.
The Amount of money that government will pay for the training
The courses are co-financed. The Government will cover part of the fee, which will depend on the results of admission and final exams․
number of participants
Fill out the application form
Pass an online test
After finalizing test results we will contact you
To apply for the program, fill out the online registration form below
Mon - Fri || 10:00 - 18:00
Chief Technology Officer
Head of Systems Integration Department
Lecture of Information Security and Software Development Department